Sunday, June 13, 2010

The First Annual Worcester Half-Marathon, June 13th 2010


The course....13.1 miles of Worcester bliss

My friend Melody and I. We met on Dailymile.com and she told me about the training group. We had the same goal of running a 10k (6.2 miles) by this summer, so we thought 'Why not double that?!' :) She's a knitter as well.
My training team. This is such a fantastic group of people! I have made friends that I will keep in touch with, and hope to train for the race and fly back to run it with everyone next summer!

I'm not sure how much my time will adjust for the amount of time it took me to cross the starting line, but I'm still happy with my time for a first half-marathon.


Henry climbed under the ropes when I crossed over, and I got a little teary. It was so nice to see their smiling faces at the end!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

luvmy5boyscora said...

I sent you an email, but just wanted to say I am impressed with you running a half marathon! That is something I would love to do. There is a fun and beautiful little loop I will have to show you when you get here that is right behind our neighborhood. You will love it for running or walking.