Thursday, December 24, 2009

Stocking Stuffers!


So, it ocurred to me last night that we can't really do stocking stuffers if we don't have a stocking to put them in. I thought that my procrastination had only been one year since purchse of fabric at post-holiday sale to actually making them, until I remembered...I'd purchased enough material for four stockings because I was pregnant with Charlie at the time...that means I bought this fabric and it's sat in it's sad little bag for TWO YEARS! Well, I guess that's better than the fabric I have for the Underground Railroad quilt that I bought the first time I went to Seeley Lake that's still tied in it's pretty little bow :)


The longest part of the process was the tedium of pressing, cutting, ironing on the fusible batting and then cutting out the strips. That pile of fabric under the table is 3 inch strips of six different fabrics. Once I got it all laid out, the actual making of the stocking was about forty-five minutes, including all the trimming and making the cuff.

One panel completed


Both panels completed, sewn together and the cuff added...I think I'll save the hand-embroidering of the names until next year! At 1:30am, I decided that making the first one was good enough, so I picked up all the supplies and loaded them back upstairs. I'll make the other three during Charlie's nap sometime after wrapping all of our presents, making cupcakes, letting them cool, going to the store, making sticky buns and frosting cupcakes...I guess I should take a shower somewhere in there? Tonight, we'll be celebrating Christmas Eve dinner at the Boren/Alpersons (or as I like to use their rock band name; Nancy Boren and the Alpersons) along with the Quattrins for some Chicago Deep-Dish pizza that they had overnighted from Gino's in Chicago. Yum!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mommy to Tyler & Kendall said...

Great Job on the stockings! So super cute!

Sally HP said...

Thanks! Using the template for the actual stocking was nice because it turned out really crisp. Kind of like paper piecing...except even easier! :)