Tuesday, September 01, 2009


I'm starting to let Henry do more when he bakes with me; I figured he was up to the task of measuring five cups of water, and sure enough...



He loves to watch the mixer work


yummm! The honey goes into the mix!

I discovered when reading my friend's food blog that there's a reason my last few attempts at making my mom's bread just didn't turn out the way I remembered; they were as dense as a brick! I called my mom and said...do you let your dough rise in the mixing bowl and then let it rise again in the pans? Oh, you do? Well, it would have been cool to include that in your directions to me :) I'd been transferring straight from the mixer to the loaf pans to rise only once. We'll see how this time goes.

I'm not as uber awesome as my mom, who had a wheat mill to grind her own flour...
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's called a grist I think.