Sunday, October 05, 2008

Can I Ride That Balloon?!

I was drinking my morning coffee staring at the wall, zoning while Henry watched PBS Kids and Jared and Charlie slept in the other room. The house was pretty quiet, and then Henry exclaimed "I wanna ride in that balloon!" Thinking he was talking about something from Curious George, I didn't answer. Then he said "Mommy! Look at that balloon!" I thought he meant a regular balloon, and I thought, what's one doing outside. I turned around it was HUGE. It was just right there, and even with my line of sight. I even deemed it appropriate to wake Jared and have him look out the window. It was the same level of excitement that I remember when my mom would come wake us up when Manda and I were little to show us the first real snowfall each winter.



I wish I had had a camera in my hand when I first turned around, because this balloon was litterally RIGHT outside our window. It was just taking off from the parking lot of the building just behind us, so it was one of those moments where someone tells you something is close and you turn around to see it right there. I've never seen a hot air balloon up close in real life, and I guess it had never dawned on me until I was awestruck. I wish the camera had captured it better. It's a really gray dark day, but the colors on this balloon are so vibrant.


So excited!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: