Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Baby Charlie Is Here!

I'm Heeeeere! Charlie was born at 5:46am on Monday, June 2nd...just a couple hours shy of when I was scheduled to go in and have my water broken. I woke up at about 12:30am with contractions and decided to jump in the shower to shave my legs...priorities, priorities...I thought I'd make a pot of tea, sit with the heating pad on my back...you know 'relax' while I waited for things to really get started. As I was applying lotion to my legs, well, tried to apply lotion to my legs, I realized that it may be time to just go.

We got to the hospital at about 2:30am, and I had already affirmed to Jared in the car that I would be getting the epidural IMMEDIATELY upon arrival (yeah, they won't just hook you up to an epidural, you have to wait awhile). I turned into one of those annoying au-naturel mom's who was using 'low tones' to try and get through each contraction before I could get the drugs.

Luckily I was already well on my way by the time I got to the hospital, at 6 centimeters. They broke my water and 25 minutes later little Charlie was out of the womb...I now know what people mean when they say "ring of fire"...yikes! I'm very excited that I was able to avoid a second c-section, although when his head was about to come out, I started to wonder if that wasn't maybe the smarter choice!

Manda, I'm pretty sure I made the squeaky elephant noise so I'll stop making fun of you now!
Mama and Charlie about 10 minutes after he was born...nice bed hair, eh?
The new member of the fam...
Charlie (Charles) Rulon Wutzke...a little blondie baby!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: